I have dreamed of going to IMATS for years, and recently that dream finally became a reality for me! My friend and I ended up staying for 6 HOURS!! I have to admit, I probably went a little overboard with my haul. But to be honest, it is so hard for me to decide in the heat of moment! If I could do it over again, I would probably research the retailers and prices more ahead of time, because a lot of the items I picked up were close to the retail price. Some items however did have a significant discount, and it was great to discover some new brands!
Like some other blogs that I have read recommended, it is smart to bring some water and a snack. Also bring lots of cash and a debit or credit card. Most booths will not charge tax if you’re paying cash, and some booths like MAC were only accepting cards (I forget if it was debit or credit!). Some blogs also recommended bringing a small cross body bag which I kind of wish I did, because although my larger tote bag had room for all of my things, it got pretty heavy carrying on my shoulder all day!
Overall it was a great experience, and I would highly recommend checking it out if you love beauty and cosmetics.
Here is a detailed list of everything I picked up:
– BH Cosmetics 88 Color Palette Matte Eyeshadow
– OCC Lip Tars in Feathered, Memento and Black Metal Dahlia
– Jordane Cosmetics Lipstick in #8093 Dusty Rose and Ultra Fine Lip Liner in 251 Blackberry
– Velour Mink Lashes in “Got It From My Momma”
– Duo Lash Glue in Dark Tone
– Shadow Shields
– Morphe Brushes: MB1 Deluxe Powder, MB3 Tapered Powder, MB6 Flat Buffer, MB11 Angle Liner, MB12 Pointed Foundation/Buffer, MB16 Chisel Shader, MB17 Flat Blender, MB19 Oval Lip, MB25 Deluxe Round Blender, MB27 Detail Crease, MB28 Spoolie, MB32 Detail Angle Liner, M416 Mini Sable Lip, M438 Pointed Contour, M460 Flat Contour, B24 Lash Brush, BK16 Mini Smudger, S20 Deluxe Precision Crease, G15 Small Oval Shadow, G18 Round Crease, Vegan Deluxe Pointed Kabuki
– Bdellium Tools Brushes: 760 Liner/Brow, 925 Duet Fiber Fan, 965 Duet Fibre Brush
– Royal Langnickel Brushes: c436 Sponge Smudger, BC421 Line Smudger, BC656 Synthetic Pointed Lip Brush, BBE20 Flocked Sponge
– Cailyn O Wow Brush
– Spatula & mirrored tray for mixing mediums
– Sponge Blender (Looks like a little beauty blender on a brush handle)
– Eve Pearl Blending Sponge and Pro Puff (Large)
– China Glaze Nail Strengthener
– IMATS Lips Keychain
I have been having a lot of fun playing around with all of my new goodies and I cannot wait to go back next year! I hope you enjoyed this post, and please feel free to comment below and share your IMATS experience!